Wednesday 7 December 2011

I'm dreaming ....


Come On!, originally uploaded by Wonder Westie.

of a white Christmas! I've been reading my four legged friends' blogs, most of whom are in the US and are gearing up for a white Christmas. Well, the last time I had a cold, snowy Christmas was four years ago and I miss it, I really do. This photograph was taken just before my last cold, crisp, snowy Christmas - we were on holidays in the west of Ireland and I got up early to watch the sunrise. I miss making Snow Grouchos!

(A despondent, plaintiff) woof for now.

Groucho

7 comments:

Wyatt said...

Hi Groucho!
We love Westies :) Mom's mom has a Westie named 'Cassie'. She is a handful of terrier terror!
Nice to meet you, and good luck with the white Christmas (You are white, does that count?)

Wyatt and Stanzie

WFT Nobby said...

No snow! Oh that is too bad.We had a little snow here in Aberdeen this morning - our first of the winter. (Usually it come earlier).

I wonder if you got ice-balls on your legs when you run around in the snow? Gail says her old Westie used sometimes to look like he has a whole bunch of frozen golf balls attached to his wee legs - so many that they hindered his walking!

Oh but what a gorgeous sunrise.

Toodle pip!
Bertie.

DSS said...

We're dreaming of a White Christmas too Groucho!

Oskar said...

Oh Groucho, when you have snow all the time, it really isn't that fun. At least I don't like it.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Groucho said...

I know, I know I should be happy to have loads of sunshine and blue skies but I do miss the crunch of snow and frost under my wee paws!

Hoke said...

Don't you worry...if you get tangled up in too much snow then you have to have an emergency bath and hair brushing...and you'll freeze:) BUT if you'd like, I'll try and send you some!!!

Groucho said...

Thanks to you all for your support on my pre-Christmas blues!! We would love some snow over here .... last weekend it was sooooo hot that even a swim in my favourite Australian river didn't make me feel any better! I miss my fur going all crispy after a brisk walk in the Winter woods in Ireland! Oh well, on the plus side, my swimming skills are coming along very nicely!!!